Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Norfolk June 2010: Pre-trip report post

I've just got back from a 5 day trip to the North Norfolk coast, so this is just a kind of pre-post warning that there will be photos appearing once I've processed them. There are approximately a million, some of them without any birds in at all, so it's going to take a while. Managed to year tick the 3 expected Terns (though the guy running the boat trip got me overly excited straight out of the dock by calling a Common as an Arctic), and life ticked a Tawny Owl from Titchwell car park. I also think I may have nailed the difference between Sedge and Reed calls, though I thought that last year as well and turned out to be wrong. Anyway, more of this later. Much unpacking to do in the meantime.

On the plus side, as I set off from the girlfriend's today I glimpsed a Crow mobbing a Buzzard from the car. A year ago I wouldn't have seen that, and if I did I wouldn't have known what a Buzzard looked like without detailed inspection. This makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment