Friday, 5 February 2010

Eh?

The other day when I happened to look at my fatbirder ranking I found that I'd jumped from lurking somewhere down in the 800s to the heady heights of 399. I mentioned this to Parus a couple of nights ago and he said "Have you checked you stats?". I replied that I hadn't. "Check 'em" he said.

So I've checked them. I had a bit of a "What the f...!?" moment.


Once I'd managed to shift my brain out of "Stunned Herring" gear I clicked across to Recent Came From to see if it held any explanation.

A CLUE! There are about eight pages of this

Well you don't exactly need to be Sherlock Holmes. So naturally, I followed the Came From link.


Obviously a lot of Mint using people have followed this expecting some kind of technical insight and have been mildly disappointed with a birdwatching blog. But it has sent me rocketing up the fatbirder rankings. And it means my Recent Visitor Map has gone completely crazy!

No real point to this post other than to give outlet to my utter confusion. And to prove that stat tracking can be awesome and not sad. Go get Statcounter, you know you want to.

2 comments:

  1. Heh, clearly I need to start posting about linuks some more. Might pull in the hits... :P

    ReplyDelete