Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Busy-ness

Life is busy at the moment, so I'm not getting as much time as I'd like to go out birding. Rainham, as has already been so eloquently described here, was a bit of a flop on Sunday. Very pleasant walk, not much to show for it. Nice to run the new scope out for the first time though. It was easily the high point of the day.

The garden collection is still coming along nicely, but I don't even get much time for looking at that now that the sun has taken up its annual 'shine through the window and blind the bastard' position in the sky at about the time I get home from work.

Harrow Lodge produced more of the same - I note the Coots now favour Coca Cola among their nesting materials - and the hunt for Kingfishers is as unproductive as ever. Even lunchtime walks along the Thames, Gull-less as it is, have been put on a back burner for the moment. It's all a bit depressing.

BUT. In three weeks time I head for Titchwell with the girlfriend and these people. No one can remain birdless at Titchwell.

I can't wait.

In other news, the Linux blog has a new lease of life. Credit/Blame Texstar. His fault.

I think that's enough hyperlinks for one post.

2 comments:

  1. ... you appear to be getting down about birding and its MID APRIL. Do the Chase more - eg red-kites in the last couple of days. And that path along the river has got to be good for some decent warblers, and the scrub area by the slack over towards Dagenham should be pretty amazing for the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much down about birding as down about my inability to get out and bird.

    Hopefully next week will be less hectic. And I'll also get a chance to come over and infect your PC with Linux things.

    ReplyDelete