Monday, 12 January 2009

Shhhh

Only a quick update because I don't want to scare it away. There is a bird sitting on a pillar opposite HMS Belfast. It's been there for two lunchtimes now, on the pole nearest the north-bank walkway, and I don't know what it is. Not that this is an unusual situation.

But I can't find anything like it in my bird book either. I've already disappointed myself this week with a Black-Headed Gull in its first year (Look! It's got brown on its wings, and a black bit on the end of its tail, what could it be!!1!??1?!!) so I'm not going to make too big a deal out of it yet.

It looks a bit cormorantish.

The camera is going with me tomorrow. The bastard better still be there.

Edit: Well, perhaps predictably, it wasn't. Got some nice pictures of other birds though, a couple of which will appear once my camera has been recharged. Also, Liss Riverside Railway walk is teh pwnz0r. Long-tailed tit and Grey wagtail among others now on the year/life lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment