Monday, 19 January 2009

More gull troubles

Saw something very large, brown and immature looking on the river today. My first thought was Herring Gull, but having checked the books it is as I suspected - Young Lesser Black Backeds look practically identical. Of course. Got a pretty good flypast view, but not enough to fix the minute detail in my brain. The camera comes back out tomorrow, but which time it will probably be on the south bank crapping on the many tourists.

Also thought I saw a Shag. Again. And of course I only had the phone camera on me. Here's a brief taster of how that worked out:



What utter shite, looks more like Nessie. Anyway, it looked small and slim, but that could have been the distance.

Moral of the story: IF YOU HAVE A CAMERA FOR GOD'S SAKE TAKE IT WITH YOU. From now on it lives in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment